Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Kiri Made Me Do It!!!

She really did!
Who?
Kiri!

So, what to write about? ::wheels starts turning::

I could write about my work, but, nah. I'm overworked, underpayed and totally overqualified for what they have me do.

I work in Customer Support for a cellphone company. In Norway, that is. I started in Customer services, was moved over to Retailer's Support about a year after starting with the company, and now, two years later, they send me back to the customers. They're animals, I tell you, Animals!

Why is it that us poor schmucks that work at customer support (in any field) is supposed to be mindreaders? From a distance? No one seems to be able to tell me the answer to that one. If any one knows, please tell me.

I might use this blog to chronicle my desperate search for a new, better paid and more meaningful job... Yep, that might do it. I have been hard at search for a few weeks now. Jobs are not easy to come by in Norway, so the search must continue. I can't settle for temp positions, seeing as I'm in the process of getting a mortgage. I do need a place of my own, where I can get a little peace and quiet... and some privacy!

I'm educated in Travel. I have a fancy diploma titling me as a 'Travel Coordinator'. This means, in theory, that I can start my own hotel (if I get someone else to take care of the books), I can start my own travel agency, as long as I can get my hands on an accountant, said accountant must be lisenced, though, and they won't work for peanuts! But that education was a while back, a few years, even, and I no longer want to go in that direction.

I have done some translation work, that could be fun to try. Hmmm, no such work to be found, at the mo'.

Kiri gave me a trainwreck-type crash course in HTML a few years back. Yes, I have known li'l ol' Slave Labour a few years now. Met online in '99 through common interests, and have remained friendly. We do share a few obsessions, y'know. Andy Serkins... He's not one of them! LMAO @ Kiri.

We have been in the process of putting an obsessions website together... for the last two or three years. It's still not going anywhere. But, alas, I'm not qualified to the same kind of work she does.

I have taken classes in accounting [yay me ;o)]. Business economics, even. But, alas, I have done no such work, so they'll rather have someone who's actually done it for a while.

Mmmmm... Obsessions....

Eh, where was I? Oh yes, background...

I'm every bit as addicted to music as Kiri. I have a list of all time favourites as long as my... leg! Hey, I'm leggy, nothing I can do about that... And the list really is that long!

I draw, when inspiration hits, I make wallpapers for my computer, using Corel PhotoPaint, I paint on wood and I read an ungodly amount of books. Dean Koontz, is my hero, in case you were wondering, which you probably weren't. ::Shrugs::

My posts will probably never make any records for length or intelligent content. I ramble, I grumble, I bitch and I complain. It's what I do, and I'm darn good at it too! Just ask Kiri!

Later, I'm heading back to AIM to torment the dear one, as she puts in overtime... ::Snickers:: Did I mention that my work week is over? My weekend has begun? Am I gloating? Yeahsureyoubetcha! I gotta get my kicks somehow...

Due to chronic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, I'm not allowed to work more than 40%. Doctor's orders, and the main reason I got bumped from Retailers Support to Customer Support... B@st@rds!

Ps. Disregard any typo's you might come across, as it's late in Norway, and I really don't give a hoot at the moment. ;o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Okay - where to start.

Um... she's everything she says she is and more. ;-)

I've been the happy recepient of many a wallpaper, even if I wasn't interested in the subject.

She's fed me tunes at the office to broaden my "musical spectrum" ala Wig Wam - a band from Norway who rocks! Check 'em out! http://www.wigwam.no/

Although, the title of Witchy's blog makes me worried. Made you? Made you? ::pouts:: I eagerly encouraged you to share your wit and wisdom with the world. (Okay, too many damn w's in that sentence.)

Anyway, post... blog... rule the world. (See I remembered, you can't rule it if you destroy it. Witchy, you rule.)

11:37 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Hah, did I ever find typo's when I looked at it published. Why didn't I see them when I skimmed through before publishing? It's the law of nature, pertaining to a certain WitchyPooh... Yah, me. ::Shrugs::

Kiri, my sweet... Are you compalining about the MP3's? Didn't they give you something new to obsess over? Hint; Glams Spandex?

Anyone stumbling across this jumble of a blog, for a real blog, read Slave Labour's... and JGA's. He's the Jaded Graphic Artist, and his blog is where Kiri started. They're way more eloquent (sp?) than me. And if I hesitate on some of the spelling, it's because I'm Norwegian, and I'm not keeping a dictionary next to me... I put it someplace safe, and now I can't find it... Darn it!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home