Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A little bit of ranting...

Yes, I did say a little, you heard me right!

Rant Mode On
My sister have been attached to a Norwegian website forum thingie. I have no idea what to call it, but they have this website aimed at women. All sorts of stuff to do with us wimminfolk (yes, I know what I typed, this time). My sister have a lot on her resume, she has degrees in marketing, leadership, text marketing and public relations of some sort, don't ask).

My sister was sent to this place by her local unemployment office, to get some experience, and training in this type of environment. Unpayed, she would draw unemployment checks as usual.

After a couple of months there, after having worked her ass off, 'round the clock, the boss there hires an editor. Now the trouble starts. My sister have been in on every decision made up until now. Every meeting with the IT tech boys, my sister have been included. Not so, anymore. When my sister made a mention to the boss, that this was a violation of the agreement they had with the unemployment office, things soured even further.

In the beginning, when it was just my sister and the boss (female), they didn't put their names on their articles. Decided by the boss, seeing as it was only the two of them, and against all rules and regulations pertaining to creative ownership, or whatever. Editor comes in, and yes, another female, and they keep it up for a little while longer, then start to add their names to their work.

After my sister called them on their breaking the terms of her being an apprentice there, she's out in the cold. Litterally! So she goes home, thorougly depressed, and makes a call to the unemployment office to make her report. Next thing she knows, her name is removed from all her articles (and they were a-plenty!), the boss and editor had divvied them up between themselves, in effect stolen her work.

Now, my sister have hired a lawyer to get her work back. A clerk at the law office called the bosslady, and was disgusted by the behaviour of this creature. She refused to listen, kept talking over the clerk and just kept being disrespectful of everything decent. She have, however, claimed that all of my sisters articles have been removed. NOT!!!

I have spent a few hours today, going through their entire website. And lo' and behold, there are most of my sisters articles, still in place. Some, the bosslady have put her own name on, and some have been anonymized as being by the staff. I'm disgusted in general by such behaviour, but when this is done to my own blood, I see red! I have cross-checked all articles on my sisters list, with those still published at the website. Only a handful have been removed. I have noted which of them are still there, and mailed my sister copies of a bunch of her work, that she hadn't done from home, but on a lap-top belonging to the bosslady. My sister needs her articles, I'm getting them for her!

I will not mention the name of the site, it's all in Norwegian, and if I do... My sister might get into trouble from me ranting about the unfairness of her situation.

The real kicker? This place is supposed to benefit women. Raise awarness on their situations, and promote respect... WHAT??? Respect? They don't know the meaning of the word!
Rant Mode Off

Kiri, I need chocolate now... by the truckloads!

8 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yes, I can see why you'd be insanely upset. Wish I could make you some ooey-gooey double chocolate brownies, but they'd be bricks by the time you got them.

Sounds like the &^$#%^& of a bosslady ain't a lady... 'ho comes to mind. Tell your sister to fight tooth and claw! She deserves her credit for her work and she deserves to have that crooked woman taken down several notches. What a creep!

5:05 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh, she is fighting tooth and claw. Trust me on that one, why else did she enlist her li'l sis to be her snoop? I do thorough work, and she knows it!

It's also why she's hired a lawyer, and he's on the case, hence his clerk making first contact with the creature, yesterday... And being so thoroughly (I think I like this word)disgusted by her behaviour, she told her boss she was heading home to peroxide herself! And no, she did not mean 'bleach her hair'.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Joy. Not a mental image that I wanted. Okay... so you're going to get all the goods on those vipers in heels and help your sis. Good. Go to it.

I'm all for the victims winning.

8:22 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I haven't heard back from my sister yet today. But seeing as more than half of her articles are still published (some under the creature's name, got that?) without her name, she's in good shape. I'd like to see the creature wriggle her way out of this... She'll try, though... She's a Gründer, no less, she can do no wrong... can she?

I just get so furious even thinking about that bitch and how my sister was treated, after working as hard as she did... without pay!!!

:Stalks off - grumbling to self::

Thieving, lying, cheating, good for nothing bitch...

8:32 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::picks up one of those lovely decorative swords JGA sold her:: So where's the trollette's office again? And does she drive?

::Trollette lumbers out of her office at the end of the day in her heels... leaving pokemarks in the pavement to find::

All four tires flat, slashed, stabbed, shredded and her paint job wrecked.

Teeheehee

Would be nice to do, but I"d never do it. I'm too nice. I'll think it, joke it, but wouldn't do it.

4:36 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Too bad, it'd mean you'd have to come to Norway for a visit! I'd help, though... Honest, I would! I'd drive you up there, myself!

Did hear back from my sister, late last night. She was a little awed by everything I had found for her, now she has even more proof. She has made a formal complaint with the Police, and her lawyer's sent off the list to the creature, demanding the immidiate removal of all articles listed. Now we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Grrr... get the Trollette.

I can't stand people taking the credit for someone else's work or for blaming their mistakes on another person. My last manager did that. Dumped a hideously messed up, out of date, disorganized filing cabinet full of paperwork on me and said that it was my project now. Then when a few weeks later as I'm asking questions on how to fix it, doesn't back me up in the slightest and lets me take the fall for it's chaotic state.

I get fired, he keeps his brand new assistant manager rank and private office. F*cker.

5:32 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh, hey! I remember that!!! Because of that twit, you were absent for months! I hated that! I missed having my Kiri shaped buddy to bug...

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home