Thursday, June 22, 2006

Slow Days Ahead

Seems like I'm looking at some slow days ahead. I have a week off from work (Yay!), it's pissing down with rain (at long last) and I have no emergencies to deal with. Bliss!

Got a text message from my sister, last night. She had nothing new to report, which means I won't be updating my blog on her case... Yet!

My friend, Icey have opened up a new blog as well. Good thing too, I'd lost the link to the old one. Her blog is called The Balancing Act, and I found it refreshing. I read it, and I will go over and leave a comment... Or five! *Waves at Icey* Missed you, babe!

Kiri's situation, on the other hand, just goes from one extreme to the next. Read her blog to see what I mean. ::Shudders:: I'm so happy I'm not working where she is!

My brother just made an appearance, it'll be the first time in a few weeks we've actually seen him. He'll start moving during the weekend, and our mother have volunteered, not only her assistance, but mine as well. No asking me about it. No checking to see if I had other plans... It's the worst part about still living your mom. You'll do whatever she decides, or it's the stonily, silent treatment for weeks after. Been there, done that! And, of course, it has to be the weekend my friend comes home from two weeks vacation in Bulgaria. There won't be any catching up, as we had planned, if my brother decides that he needs help. I've been unwillingly volunteered, so I'll have no choice but to help out, regardless. Not sure how much help I'll be. My right arm is a mess, strengthwise (i.e.: I have none!) and my left arm isn't all that good either. We'll just have to wait and see.

::Waves:: Later! I'm out of Pepsi, and will need to rectify that error...

6 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Pepsi? I suppose that'll do in a pinch.

As for the volunteering status, you act as if it is YOUR choice to help or not. Of course it's not, Mother said so.

Been there, done that, and from time to time endure the stoney silence to make a point. Besides, what good would you be with weak, sore arms, etc.?

Go catch up with your friend. It's your vacation!

5:00 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I know that, and you know that... Trouble is, she doesn't! Or rather, she don't care!

Hey! No mocking of my Pepsi habit! It's bad enough they stopped peddling the Pepsi Twist variety. Y'know, the one with a drop of lemon... Mmmmm that was delish!

Still haven't heard my brother actually utter the words 'I need help packing!' yet, so far so good, eh?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

So far very so good.

And you liked Pepsi Twist? ::sigh:: I like Dr. Pepper, Coke, Sprite, and a bunch of other not good for me soft drinks. At the moment, I'm drinking water as: I'm thristy (great reason), I don't have any soda in the office (argh! must remedy the situation) and moron me forgot to pick up anything to drink this morning. Gah!

3:40 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I don't drink soda at work, just water... A lot of water! I've found that when you're on the phone alot, soda's are not gonna be your friends! Nope, lots of water, and in winter time... Hot chocolate on the side! ::Yummmmm::

Pepsi is my usual choice of beverage, but I can also get into the 7-UP, the Ginger Ale, Fanta and a wide variety of others.

2:47 AM  
Blogger canadianicewolf said...

Hey chickie! Thanks for coming on over to visit :P It's prolly as close to visiting each other as we'll get! Enjoy that vacation of yours!! I'd love one right about now, but we're interviewing/hiring this week and training next week and starting two new trials on July 9th and one HUGE trial first of August, so until those are up and running basically on their own, no time off allowed. Ah well, that's what they pay me the slave labour bucks for, right? :P Drop back again anytime, I've got you bookmarked now as well!
Popping over to Kiri's blog next!!!

2:11 AM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Iceypooh!!! Sweetness!!!

So nice of you to drop in and leave your mark!

Hey, who knows, I'll get three more weeks of vacation in August. I might still end up on your doorstep... You'll never know! I know where you live... Well, okay, I know your adress! ;o)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home