Friday, June 30, 2006

YESSSS!!!

I can't believe I've actually had some kind of luck today. Usually, if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all... But today, today I finally had a little thing go my way!

My best friend called me up, and we agreed to meet up at the local mall. It's not big by US standard, not even by Norwegian standard, but it's close to home, and they have most stores there. We were just gonna go 'round, browse a little maybe. None of us were planning on doing any real shopping.

The thing is, I always find stuff for her! I can hardly find anything I want to wear, but I can sure find her an entire new wardrobe without any trouble. As per usual, I extended her wardrobe again. She's not complaining, she seems to have problems finding stuff on her own. I have no idea why, I find stuff for her all the time.

She was looking for some new shoes, that was the only thing she was looking for. She's a sneaker wearing gal, it's usually the only shoes she's comfortable in. Today, she wanted to find a pair of ballerina type shoes. She did find them, and she was very pleased with them. As she was trying them on, and getting ready to pay for her purchase, I find what I have been looking for, for the last three or four months. A pair of sneakers for me! I don't have a pair of sneakers, to be honest. I have a lot of boots, but no sneakers. I had seen a pair I liked, but they never seemed have my size, whenever I was there (other stores, mind you). Today, not only did I find a pair of sneakers in my size, by that manufacturer, but they were waaaaay nicer than the sneakers I had planned on getting, if they could just get them in my size. Did they have my size? I checked the rack, nope, not there. I asked the very friendly girl that works in that particular shoe store, and she told me to sit tight, she'd check in the back for me. Yay! She found ONE pair in my size!!! And at 30% off, they're in my custody now!



Aren't they pretty?

To you, this might not be seen as much luck, but for me... It's a farkin' miracle!

2 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Sweet sneakers. I see why you are so happy to have found them.

I'm a sneaker girl myself... and anything I can throw on fast and walk in comfortably. :-)

4:03 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Ooooh, and they're so comfy too!!! I wore them to work yesterday, my feet haven't felt that light in ages. I'm so used to boots, seeing as I have trouble finding shoes I actually like.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home