Monday, August 23, 2010

Here Kiri, Kiri, Kiri...

Sshhh... Be wevvy, wevvy quiet, I'm hunting for Kiri-shaped friend...

Yeah, I found my way back here, too bad Kiri hasn't been enticed to make a comeback yet. I'm not giving up, though, far from it. I'm a stubborn wench, make no mistake about it!

I fear Kiri's work situation remains shaky. This meaning that she's stuck temping again, and unable to keep regular hours. I hate this situation she's in and wish it didn't have to be like this, but with things being the way they are, work-wise in the US, I'm afraid it might be a long while until she can be lured back in here.

I see her on Facebook, from time to time, but never having time to chat. Too busy at work and not allowed to poke her head out of her tasks long enough to say 'Hey!'. Kinda sucks seeing as I miss her and need my playmate.

The Empress has grown to her full size now, and yes, she's a big, heavy girl. Though, she's still able to look kinda on the skinny side. Don't ask me how she does it, I have no clue, but I'd pay good money to learn her secret. She remains playful and attention-seeking and her sable claws are still lethal!

I'm no longer a scratch-post for her to trim them on, but I remain her favorite chew-toy. Thankfully, she never bites down hard, so there's no blood loss anymore.

Summer is singing on its final verse here in Norway. Today was sunny and warm, but the wind told me that Autumn is coming. I'm not ready for that, summer was too short and rainy this year. Not to mention the fact that I spent all three weeks of my vacation-time in bed, sick. No fair!

In other news, I need a new keyboard... again... Keyboards do not like being laced with The Empress' fine fur and keeps locking up. I had to go back to an older one because the newest one just up and died on me. Those keys were still in good working condition, not so much on this one!

My jaw locked up on me one week into my vacation, and have remained stubbornly locked in place ever since. This is week five with that painful condition. I think it's a tendon that tightened itself up, and it's not showing any sign of loosening up again anytime soon.

I should really make an effort to come up with topics to write about, but I'm no newshound, nor am I particularly political. I'm the type that look through the different agendas around electiontime and pick whomever have the most topics I agree with. In a pinch, I'll go with whomever I disagree the least with. I don't follow political debates and I get my news in online newspapers. I rarely go to the movies, so I can't even write about that. I do tend to go for nostalgic walks down memory lane with old TV shows I used to follow. I get my hands on them now to see if they still capture med as they used to. Sometimes, I'm left with an aghast feeling of 'Did I ever actually follow that crap?' Other times, as the case was with the A-Team, I get right into the old groove of it and enjoy every second of it. So what topics to write about?

I still bitch, moan, ramble and complain. Sometimes quite coherently, other times... not so much... I hope I'm not mellowing out already, I was hoping to save that for when I got really old!

Trying to get into Airwolf again, but I don't feel the same about that show as I did back then. It's not a bad feeling, just that it's not quite how I remembered it. again, not bad, just... Not the rush I used to get from that show.

Time to get my attention elsewhere, it seems... The Empress just tried to eat my ring, in her 'Ooooh shiny!' way. Time to give her a little attention again... it's been all of fifteen minutes since the last session!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home