Friday, April 25, 2008

Gah!

Gah, indeed!

I'm finally starting to feel alive again, after a couple of weeks of pure, undiluted hell. My doctor's not too sure about what exactly I've been having. I've described it as the Spring cold from Hell, my doctor thinks maybe a flu type of thing and was worried about possible pneumonia in the makings. All I know for sure is, I have cold sores all over my bottom lip, and my right nostril is completely scabbed shut with two or three more. Hurts like hell, too! Seems the tip of my tongue has also gotten somewhat of a cold sore, as it's constantly stinging and in the words of Jar Jar, 'my tongue is fat!'

I'm pretty sure it was one of the boys at work that gave me this nifty little pressie, he's very truly sorry and have apologized profusely. I know for a fact that I then handed it over to my brother. Then my mom told me that my uncle, who I haven't seen at all for a looooooong time, had something similar, so she was thinking virus. Lends credence to the doctors belief that it was the flu. The fever has subsided to a point where it's no longer noticeable unless it spikes violently, but the coughing is about to do me in.

The only thing about this last week that's been any good, is the arrival of true Springtime. Yes, capitol 'S' for this one. The sun's been shining, it's been nice and warm and The Empress has spent everyday outside on the veranda on her leash. She'd only come inside when her ears were cold sometime during the late afternoons. And yes, her ears were cold! Today is the first this week where there is no sunshine, cloudy and gray, but no rain! ::knocks on wood::

Keeping to my doctors orders, I haven't been to work this week. Not that I've actually been able too. I've strapped The Empress into her harness and tossed her out to the veranda (door open, I'm not heartless) and crawled back into bed, exhausted.

I've been mostly too tired to bug Kiri this week, don't think she's minded the least bit, just imagine how much work she's been able to get done, without me breathing down her virtual shoulder.

So, considering I've spent most of this week under my covers and only coming up for air for a few minutes at a time, I really don't have much in the way of a true update. Sorry about that, I'll try to do better, I promise...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

28 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Poor Witchy. You need to get a sample of this into the labs for unleashing on the enemy forces a few days before we attack. (After we have an antidote, of course.)

9:22 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Way ahead of you. Plenty of samples of mucus and whatnot in that baggie over there -->

Shouldn't be a problem that they're all wrapped in Kleenex, right?

Not too sure we'll be able to find an antidote, though. If it is a flu virus, they mutate faster than The Empress can chew over the string on a new toy... And that usually takes less than two seconds...

9:42 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yes, but we've hack this one's code. Clip it into pieces. Set an clear ending point on the virus, it goes uncommunicable after 48 hours. (I saw it on a TV series.)

9:46 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

So, that means we'll just stay isolated with our minions for 48 hours, then strike as everyone else lies in bed, shivering from the fever, coughing sneezing and whatnot?

You're evil! I like it!

::Giggles madly::

9:58 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Exactly! Then we walk in and take over with minimum bloodshed. But we need to remember to buy shares of the major flu medicine manufacturers and Kleenex first.

World domination and rich, I like.
::big toothy grin::

10:02 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

There's no actual medicine that works against the flu... The flu shots are a vaccine that often times makes the receiver sicker than the flu (happened to my grandmother, she vowed never to have one again). The different flu strands mutate, like I said, faster than The Empress can chew through the string of a new toy... Which is super fast, so there it is. We medicate the other symptoms, really... Ibux (for me) to lower the fever and for the headaches that accompany the fever in the first place and cough syrup (Cosylan for me) for the massive cough attacks you get. I didn't ask for a prescription this time around and I am regretting it every night when I can't get to sleep because of it!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I know. But this isn't about curing it. It's about carefully using it as an anti-bloodshed tool. We get them sick and move in.

10:33 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Okay, I can get on board with that. Just keep the damned virus away from me, I've had enough of it!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ok. Hide in your lab while we have it released over the current target. In 48 hours, we'll come fetch you for the 'liberation' of the territories.

10:41 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Fine. I'll take Georgia and The Empress with me for safe keeping, in case it decides to jump species!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Um... okay. But you are designing it, you can make sure it doesn't. I'd hate to think of all those sick animals. People know they will get better. Animals will think they are dying. :-(

Poor 'nimals.

10:49 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I know, I know... But I keep telling you, it's a FLU virus! There is no engineering it to do exactly what we want, the fuckers mutate faster than you can turn around and stomp one strand going out of line. There are no guarantees, and so G and Y stays in isolation with me! That's final, it's not open for debate!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ok. But remember. You are the only petter and chew toy in the lab.

::shuts the doors and activates the 48 hour time lock::

11:03 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Hah! Like that's supposed to be new? I'll sprinkle a little catnip for G over there and hang some curtains for Y to swing from, I've got it covered!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah, good. You may be sick, but you aren't braindead. Good. See you in two days.

"Begin Operation Phelm"

11:17 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Nah, it's not my brain that's coming out my nose, that's for damn sure!

::Checks watch::

48 hours... Hmmm...

::Pulls up the game menu and selects Fiber Twig2::

::Starts to hum in time with the music::

Lets see how many times I can round this in 48 hours!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - I almost hate to imagine how many times.

11:30 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Might be two or three, maybe four. Some of these levels take 30 - 45 minutes to complete at times...

11:32 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Don't forget time to eat, sleep, pet the cats, bathroom time, etc. You will need to rest during that 48 hour period even with the massive amounts of sleep you have coming into this.

11:36 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Well, see... that's why I had an entire bathroom put in adjourning my lab... and why the bed was placed over in that enclosed corner by the blinds...

Sleep? Had very little of that this last week due to violent coughing fits. Spent a good portion of my nights sitting up, so to alleviate the pressure on my lungs. A little less coughing, but not a lot of sleep... Never did manage to sleep sitting up...

11:47 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I'd be living on Vick's Vapor Rub on my chest... ::looks around::

I don't advise this but... I put a tiny bit on my nose (before it chaps of course).

Reminds me... I want to flip my mattress tonight. Joy.

11:54 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

My mattresses are framed, which means there's no flipping, unless I wanna lie on the wooden frame, that is.

Vick's Vapor Rub on my nose? Even before it scabbed? Tears would be flowing non-stop. My eyes are kinda sensitive to the stuff, at least that close to them. I'd have passed.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Poor baby.

So how are you doing now? You've had a few more days to rest and recover.

5:47 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Bone tired, that's how I'm doing.

Started getting a fever again today... while at work... Joy!

Still moving at less than half speed, not fun. I'm used to blowing past people all the time in the hallways at work, not so much today. Felt like I was moving with the speed of a slug!

My nose is still painfully scabbed over. Peeps at work were slightly grossed out, seeing as it looks a whole hell of a lot better than Friday, make your own thoughts about that one.

Btw, can't see you noticed my last tag over at your place. I was kinda pleased with it... especially as I could that particular scenario playing out in my mind...

6:57 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I'll go look at it. Was mostly looking to make sure I didn't have to come rescue the Empress and start nursemaiding you.

7:11 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Never say never, I might need a nurse maiden yet!

The Empress requires little along the lines of rescue. Another chew toy would be welcome, though.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Er... right. ::clears throat and eyes sensitive skin:: Um... I'll call a cute male nursemaid...

10:23 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I think I can live with that...

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home