Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Empress' New Toy

The Empress got a new toy, this week. A Dream Catcher for cats.

It took her all of two hours to decide to chew through the string holding it.

As it turned out, she loves playing with feathers - my own Dream Catcher being evidence with it's missing feathers, but the real attraction was the actual string! I know, I have a weird cat...

Ignore my messy desk in the background, and behold the Kitty Dream Catcher!

Ah, what's this? ::Nibble, Nibble::

::Munch, munch:: A little dry, but sure tickles the taste buds!

Hey! No fair, get back down here so I can devour you!

Gotcha!

Well, the string's been re-attached, and the Dream Catcher lives on. The string is getting a little worn from excessive chewing, but - fortunately - it's a long string, so I can keep re-attaching it as she gets through.

I believe I have mentioned before, how rules doesn't apply to the Empress;

* Catnip? Never heard of it!
- Spray form; 'This works on 80 % of the cats it's been tested on!' Well, they forgot to tell Ylva about that survey. She was not impressed.

- Dried form; 'This works on even the cats that were unresponsive to the spray!' Again, No one told Ylva. She remains unimpressed!

* Cats land on their feet!
- Huh? What's that? Someone forgot to give Ylva a copy of the rulebook for cats, as she lands on her back, her head or her tail... Oh, and once in a while - if the descent is planned - on her feet.

* Cats are light footed.
- ::THUD!:: What was that? I didn't hear you over the sounds of Ylva jumping down from the desk!

* Cats are cleanliness personified!
- Eh, I'd like to take a picture of her eating place, but I'm afraid you'd faint... She takes her food out of her plate, and sends it all over the place. Also, she's very good at lifting the carpet up and pushing her dry food underneath it. Makes all sorts of funny, crunching noises as I walk over it.

This reminds me that I need to get the vacuum cleaner out. She's been at it again, and now it's almost like getting a foot massage walking over the carpet in the hallway.

This is not a DVD, what is it doing here? Better get rid of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home