Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Oh, Food!!!

Yep, spent Christmas at my mother's place, with my brother, my sister and my nephew (big sis' son). And yes, the Supreme Empress, Ylva of the Sharpest Claws, was very much present as well.

And that means food, and lots of it!

Poor thing's been pooped out on the couch, since we got home Christmas day. She's only made token appearances at my feet or on the back of my chair, before heading back to the couch to continue her impression of a rug.

I made sure she got some of her 'yummier' food on Christmas eve, while we feasted on our traditional Christmas dinner. Didn't last long before the little Empress was present and accounted for, circling the dinner table and the occupants of it, like a smallish, silver tabby shark! Making puppy eyes at anyone that would look in her direction. My brother had to make his feelings known... 'You're a cat? You're sure you're a cat? You're begging worse than a dog!' His meaning was that at least dogs gave up, after a few fruitless attempts. The Empress would do no such thing!

Oh, but all the plants... Oh, all the plants... and all the dirt she kicked out of their pots! And the really big plants, she loved those, she fit right into the pot with the plants. You better believe she moved into the pots!

And all the playtime and attention she kept getting, she lapped it up!

My sister discovered, to her absolute horror, that she might be allergic to cats. Not that it did anything for her to keep her hands away from the furry Empress, mind you. So, there my sister was, blisters forming, hive breaking out, itching from head to toe, cuddling the furball! Or trying to, that is, Ylva does, as usual, not enjoy being held in any way, shape or form. That's just the way of things.

She did make for a shy, almost timid kitten, but she warmed up. Though, she ran like the Devil himself was chasing after her tail, whenever my sister stood up, or came walking down the hallway. Not really sure why... On Christmas day, she'd warmed up enough that we kept having to fish her out of the pots, meant for plants only! And playing, playing with anything that moved... or not, as the case was with my brother's poor toes.

We got home around midnight, she took a token stroll around the apartment, then pooped out on the couch. She's pretty much remained there, ever since.

That's it for me, for now... I'll be taking Ylva's lead in a little while, and go search for my bed...

12 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Sounds like Ylva had a great Christmas. I'm glad her humans enjoyed it too.

5:36 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yah! My sister enjoyed it so much that she's still itching all over...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I bet. My sister stepped into my place to grab the presents for Zoe and the parental units of Zoe (Dee and Dennis) and nearly stopped breathing. She spent the next 20 minutes outside my place, drinking ice water, trying to re-discover the art of breathing normally.

All that for a purple faux fur throw to snuggle under (and pet), a chocolate fountain (like they had at the wedding reception) and Zoe's gifts...

- Duckbilled, hooded bathrobe.
- Duckie slippers for her cute little feet.
- A fleece blanket with teddy bears on it in costume.
- Four glycerine decorative soaps: a "superduck", a "sailor duck", a duck in a raincoat and galooshes, and a teddy bear.

Oh, and Zoe's gifts were in a giant dark green Christmas Stocking and the soaps were in a tiny dark blue Christmas Stocking inside of the bigger one. Teeheehee... I had more fun buying it all then she will.

6:05 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Sounds like it! Why a Teddy bear and not a fluffy stuffed Duck, though? Should have stayed on the duckie path, when you were so deeply into it!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, sis told me that I couldn't buy Zoe anymore stuffed toys. I'd bury her. So when I bought the bathrobe and slippers I hunted for a duckie blanket. Nope. Only a super cute teddy bear themed one. So when I bought the soaps, I picked up the teddy bear one to match the blanket.

Had the teedy bear soap sticking up out of the stocking like you see in the Christmass artwork. His little face and arms up over the rim...

6:16 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

So what if you buried her? It's for Zoe!!! Nothing's too good for Zoe!

And I like Ducklings, they make for the best toys for pretty little girls. Especially pretty little girls honed for world domination...

6:29 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Right, will sneak her a duckie or two...or twenty... Nothing is too good for the future head of some department in our organization.

6:31 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Precisely!

I'll look around and see what I can find of ducklings here too, maybe help you a little on your quest to 'duckyfie' the little one...

6:34 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I still need to mail you the multitude of Ranch dressing packets.

6:37 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Mmmm... Ranch Dressing....

Typing with one hand, while playing with the little Empress with the other... Interesting... Got a couple of pictures too...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Everytime I try to take Georgia's picture, she walks off and lays down in my laundry or in the middle of my unmade bed.

Think she wants me to do laundry and make my bed for her.

7:30 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Could be...

The little Empress is only making 'meeping' sounds now, the fun isn't there like it was when the darn thing was new...

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home