Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yay! I'm home!!!

Finally! More than two months after my move, I'm back online... from home, that is!

It's taken my IPS two frickin' months to move my ADSL/Broadband subscription to my new address. Must be a new record, of some sorts.

Bad news? Yes, there are bad news... Kiri seems to be MIA, I tried sending an email to her cellphone, still no response. She's not answering mails sent to her hotmail account, either. I'm starting to worry. No new entries on her blog, no comments to my last post... somethings afoot, and it might not be all good, seeing as how her work-situation was going downhill, fast.

I'll just try the home phone-number I have written down in my address book. But that's for a lot later in the evening. We're a few timezones apart, wouldn't be too nice to call too early (her time).

My apartment is still smallish, but good enough for me and my kitten. Yes, my kitten is here. She's been renamed from Elva to the more correct spelling of the old Norse name Ylva. Not that she answers to either. She's more inclined to answer to 'Screwball' or something else, entirely inappropriate.

The move itself, was exhausting. It's not until you move, that you discover how much junk you own. I did most of the grunt work myself. My brother helped out with the furniture, which was the heaviest lifting, but other than that, I managed on my own. And yes, I'm darned proud of that little fact.

I have things, more or less the way I want them. Still feel like I need a microwave oven, but I have no place for it. My kitchen is really that small. Also, I've a new cupboard for the wall above the stove. I have no cupboard space as it is, and have come to the conclusion, I need another one. My brother has refused to show his face, until I have the second one in house, seeing as he's the one that's gonna put them up for me.

Frost has arrived, we've had snow a couple of days in the last couple of weeks. Not that the snow stayed, but the cold certainly did. I'm officially starting to freeze my tush off. I'm at the point where I'm envying my kitten her luscious fur!

I'm working full time again, and I must admit that I'm feeling it in my hands and arms. Mostly the right hand and arm. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome sucks! Mine is chronic, which means that I'll never have the full use of my right hand, ever again. That's according to my doctor. But as my sick pay is up, I have no choice but to return to work, full time. One month into it, I have no idea how long I'll be able to keep it up.

I used to work at the Retailers Support unit, but was removed due to working only 50%. Now, apparently' they need more people again, and I have made my interest known. It'd be easier on my hands as there is a lot more keyboard work on the first line, where I've been these last few months. I wanna go back to Retailers, not just because of my hands, but because I really loved working in that area. So, now I can only wait and see what happens. One week until I know if I can go back to it.

On another note, only one more week of work until I get a weeks vacation time. I can feel my arms could use that break.

Oh well, until I get a hold of Kiri, I'll just sign off from here. I'll keep you posted on how that works out, too... If there are actually anyone reading this blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Just throught I would throw a line across the atlantic..Caught Kiri on-line last week, she is fine, still working at the same place and deep in the moving doo doo. I read your blog, even if I haven't started working on my own yet!
Cheers!

5:59 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oh goodie! I have a reader that isn't Kiri!!! ;o)

I know, I finally caught her on Monday. But I had to give her a yell on her cellphone, first. But she was so busy this week, we decided to keep it quiet for now, and return with a vengeance, later.

You need to get your blog up, so that Kiri can get an avatar ready for you! Time's a-wastin'...

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home