Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well, that didn't take too long...

Wow, that's all I'm saying! WOW!

Real estate agent called today, seller takes my offer. The apartment is mine, all mine!!!

Needless to say, I went furniture hunting with my dear friend, Silicone Valley. All the furniture that I've already seen on the store's website was there, at reduced prices! More luck, I can hardly believe it.

I'm calling 'bank-dude' tomorrow to set up a new appointment, then I have to call the geezer at City Hall to hash out details of the buy with him, might have to go down there. I did stop by today, but they closed two hours early, summer hours have been extended an entire hour from when I was working at their switchboard!

Next week, will be contract signing at the real estate agency, September 1, I'm moving into my own home! I can hardly wait, it's gonna be so cool.

::Witchy does a happy dance and skips off into the distance::

11 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

You so deserve a nice place of your own!!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Thank you, I believe you're right... I do deserve it! And can you believe the furniture I picked? Already cheap, and then they reduce the prices just days before I come in to pick them out???

I'm lamenting all the 'Bomaby' pieces I can't fit into the apt, though. ::Sniffles::

8:46 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I know, I know, it's all so lovely. I wish you could buy it up and store it, but you've told me about the storage issues.

8:47 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

They suck, is what they do. Why mince words? It's just you and me reading this anyway...

Well, hopefully, I can still get hold of that line of furniture, if or when I move to a bigger apt... One can dream, right?

8:50 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yep - you could dream that Mom & I move there, buy it from you while we save up for a bigger place, and you can get a bigger place of your own. LOL

8:51 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Ummm... Kiri... It's only big enough for one... Two people, not madly in love and clingy will not make it in that apartemnt...

9:06 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah... forget it. I'm not THAT sick. :-P

Okay, well.. scrap that pipe-dream.

NEXT? Oh, yes. The rich and madly in love with me pipe-dream...

::goes glassy-eyed::

9:09 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

At least you don't dwell on the negative stuff, I'll give you that!

It is true, though, that the apt is too small for more than one person to live in. The only way two people can co-exist there is by being madly in love and clingy as hell ;o)

I might get myself an in-door-only kitty, though... That'll keep my mom mostly away, she can't stand cats... Hmmm... Sounds like a plan!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Wha-ha-ha! Great plan. My a suggest adopting from the shelter? Lots of tiny unloved bundles of purring love there looking for a human to call their own.

9:14 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

It's something I've been meaning to look into. But I won't adopt at a shelter unless I connect with a cat, there. Then I'll go for a kitten, that way we can get used to each other with time.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I totally fell in love with my first cat, Mr. Rogers... who I renamed Roger, at an animal rescue shelter. They wouldn't put an animal down unless it was suffering. Roger was a sweet old guy with issues, but I took him anyway... loved him up to the last second I had with him. ::is tearing up at his memory::

I hope you connect with one, any one... for all the mewing, tripping over them, furr on clothes, and catbox cleanings... they are such a joy and comfort.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home