Monday, July 10, 2006

Aaahhh, Sweet Relief... Almost!

So, did we get any rain this weekend? Yeahsureyoubetcha! No thunder, unfortunately, but we got some heavy rain. It started early Sunday morning, just as I was borderline awake. Needless to say, I fell right back to sleep. I always go into a deeper sleep when the weather is bad. Don't know why, even if I'm already asleep when it starts, I just go into a coma-like state. Waking me, is almost impossible!

When I finally managed to crack my eyes open (two or three hours later), I donned a big tee and shorts, and ran straight out onto the balcony. Yes, I danced! Said I would, didn't I? Hard, heavy rain. The rain itself felt cool, but the air was still hot and humid. This was nothing more than a momentary relief, lasted for as long as I could stay outside in it.

Today, the sun is back, the air is still humid as heck... And I'm still eagerly anticipating rain. More rain, that is. Thunder is a must! Without a good thunderstorm, the air will stay humid and my brain will keep on melting! Hardly anything left in there as it is, still, I've got to save what little remains of it!

I can only hope that Kiri's weekend was less humid than mine.

I'll be working three full days this week. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Not today, due to having had a doctor's appointment. My Dr is doubtful that I should stay in this job, she's not the only one! But I do need to remain employed if I'm to get my starters loan so I can get an apartment. We'll just have to wait and see.

The new shift plan is a joke. No one that I have spoken to at work, are happy with them. They do not allow for a life outside of work, and that, my friends, is just plain wrong. They don't pay us nearly enough to expect us to embrace this newfangled plan of theirs. 'It works wonderfully in Sweden!' Is what they tell us, it's a flexi-time type of workplan. Flexible? Where? There is no room for flexibility! There is no room for a life outside of work, at all! If you're unfortunate enough to have a significant other and/or kids, you'll bankrupt yourself paying for babysitters, as kindergarten closes at a set time... Trouble is, you're still at work and have to stay there for another few hours. Your significant other, will see even less of you than usual, might put a strain on relationships, is my opinion. I do not live, breathe and bleed my workplace. Not really. As I said, they don't pay us enough to demand that sort of commitment. I am committed to do the best job that I can, however, but that's within reasonable workhours. I still haven't received mine, as I'm not working 100% yet. My teamleader needs to do a little math on the hours, to make sure I'm not there longer than I'm allowed. When I do get it, I'll post it here, so you can see for yourself!

13 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah, a little rain is still better than none.

Actually, my weekend was less humid. The fans in my room kept it at about 80 degrees F and I spent a goodly bit of time sitting around playing my new PS2. Woohoo! I blew some of the cash I'm saving with the shorter commute. (Okay, so I blew this month's and next month's saving on it, the memory and a few used games, but still.)

Actually, Witchy... you're gonna be mad. We're expecting late afternoon/evening rain and thunder every night this week and into the weekend.

*dives for cover behind something really big*

6:59 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I WAAAAAAAAAAANT Thunder!!!

::Meh::
And I here I am, in the land of the ThunderGod himself... but is he feeling helpful? Nope. Instead he's all over the world handing out rain and thunderstorms to those poor bastards that can't even handle it!

Happy playing on the PS2, I have a gamecube, not that I've actually used it much...

7:05 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Well, I grabbed two used Yu-Gi-Oh! games (Yes, I'm a Yu-Gi-Oh! addict.) and another used game when I grabbed the PS2. JGA gave me a bunch of is old games recently, so I had an itch to buy one... the Yu-Gi-Oh! games simply made it a "NOW" purchase. LOL

I need every gaming system if I'm going to collect and play all the Yu-Gi-Oh! games. And yes... it gets annoying typing Yu-Gi-Oh! repeatedly. Damn annoying name, isn't it?

Now ask Odin nicely to haul his Godly tushie back home and make with the boom-boom-flash-bangs.

8:24 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Odin??? He's the AllFather and God of widom and what-not, but he's not making with any boom boom... Unless he's scoping out the nubile, sexy Goddesses.

Nope. My beef is with that hotheaded, redheaded, redbearded son of Odin that chases across the sky in his chariot, pulled by two goats (Tanngjos and Tanngrise), no less, Tor!

But he's busy drowning India, at the moment... Poor people, they keep getting flooded, and Tor keeps ignoring the fact that they can't handle that amount of rain he gives them!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::hanging head in shame:: I knew that, darnit.

Well, he was drowning us a few weeks ago. Seems that he's giving us the minor treatment, but with the water table still being high... we'll see if he causes more problems for us.

Can't go West and wetdown the arid regions that have the fires going strong, nope. Gotta give the rest of us too much of it.

8:38 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Well, No one ever said he was sensible... He's a certified HotHead! Says so in every mythology book I've read. Yes, I have read many!

And I even wear a model of Mjøllnir, fer cripes' sake. Howsabout giving me my frickin' thunder and leavin' the poor drowned Hindu's alone for a while? Hmmm?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yeah! You heard her!

::Brrrr-ZAP::

Oh... crispie...

::Kiri falls over smoking and still sparking::

::twitch... twitch::

8:45 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

HEY!!! ::Taps foot::

I wanted that! Here! Yeah, here in li'l ol' Norway!!! Damnit, he's ignoring me again...

::Rushes to Kiri's side::

Speak to me, sweetie!

::Throws bucket of water to drown the sparks::

8:48 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::does the 'electric slide' for a moment::

Hey, electricity and water are BAD together! LOL

Okay, so it's way past lunch here and I think that's evident from my insanity.

::hunting food:: "Here soup, here soup..."

8:55 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

There were sparks... then you were smoking... and not in the 'Mmmmmm... nicotine...' way. So, I figured I'd put the fire out, before it started... Besides, most of the electricity from that bolt escaped into the ground... Didn't it? Hell, I get worse from static electricity during winter, here...

Hey! The soup escaped, it went thataway!
<<-------

9:00 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Argh!

Must... have... soup...

::runs off after it leaving a trail of dull gray smoke in her wake::

::heard in the distance:: "SOUP!"

9:24 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Dang, I lost sight of both Kiri and the soup...

Did ya catch it? The garlic roll went thataway!
-------->>

Go, get it!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Ok. I'm done for the day. I've gotta get serious about this proofing of the later-than-Hades project.

L8r.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home