Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Hunting... Or maybe not...

I've been caught up in apartment hunting, lately. There's been this one apartment that's been advertised since this winter. Grabbed my brother and went to take a look-see. Well, I sure know why it's still vacant!

It's a two bedroom apt. All floors except the bathroom needs to be replaced. All doors inside the apt needs to be replaced as well. All ceilings, except the bathroom and living room needs to be ground down, sanded, speckled and re-painted. All walls, except the bathroom, are painted in the same sickly, pale blue shade that makes me want to vomit, violently!

Seller claims, in the prospect, that the apt was remodeled in 2004. Yeah right! The doors and walls that have been painted, looks like they've just thrown the paint on, no need for brushes there, another expense for them to cut.

I did not put in a bid for this one, lemme tell you!

While at the real-estate agency, I looked at a couple more places. I signed out a key to a another apartment, not far from the first. This one was heavenly, in comparison. The bathroom was recently remodeled. Everything new! New sink, new shower, new drains, new toilet, new tiles on floor and walls... Did I like it? Hell Yeah!

It's smaller than the first one, it's only a one bedroom apt. Bedroom is a little on the small side, too. No matter, it's perfect. Nothing that needs to be done with it, the price is right, the view is terrific. I put in a bid! Now to see if the seller accepts, or if he wants to wait for a bidding war.

I'm not doing bidding wars, mind you. My bid is a 'take it or leave it' kinda bid. If he doesn't, or he's too slow (got until next Friday), there's a third place I'd like to check out. Also a one bedroomer. This one also have a new bathroom, new shower, the works. Also, and this is a kincher, this apt has a brand new kitchen! If seller of the apt I have made a bid on doesn't take it, or is too slow, I'll ask to see this third place. Also, brand new floors in all rooms. Same kind of floor everywhere but the bathroom. That's cool too. A nice, reddish shade of wooden floors. I'll lose the 'free' view though.

Let me explain what I mean by 'free' view. Free view to me means, no looking into the neighboring building's walls or windows. Instead, I'd prefer to look out and see no people looking in on me! Not many such places to be had around here, we're kinda cramped for development space. With the apt I've placed a bid on, I'll get the free view. I'll be looking out over the river and the very long bridge I already need to cross in order to get to work. No big, I'd be living almost underneath it. From the kitchen window, I'd get to see the next apartment building across a rather large lawn. That's the only place that I'd get to watch people from, and that's cool by me!

The third apt doesn't give me a free view. It's in a housing area, and they're kinda tightly put together. It's something I can overcome, what with a brand new bathroom and a brand new kitchen... I'd have to paint the bedroom, though... It's a dark, royal blue that grates on me.

I don't like the color blue, don't ask me why, I have no idea. My mom took great pleasure in dressing me in dark, royal blue when I was younger. I wanted a black jacket, coat, sweater or jeans, she'd go get the dark, royal blue instead. I didn't like the color any more then, than I do now! I frickin' hate it!

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see now. If I don't get the second apt I've looked at, I'll try for the third. If I end up with the third, I'll cut my commute almost in half too! And no need to go over that boring old bridge, that everyone and his granny seems to think you'll need to go waaay slow on...

I'll get an update in about the apartment hunting as I go...

My sister? She's been too busy having the perfect summer, to update me with her situation with 'Kvinnesiden'. She's been out sailing, several times a week, sunbathing and bathing and frolicking... Am I jealous? Yes, I'll have to admit, to a certain degree I am. I can honestly say, that I'm happy on her behalf, that she's been having such a wonderful time, this summer. Goodness knows, she deserve it. It's just... I'd like to get to do some of that too. If it weren't for the fact that I need to stay out of the sun, as heat and sunshine gives me bad rashes on my hands. Itchy, ugly little blisters that burst and turn into small sores that itch even more and then stings. Nope, power to my sis, she's having a well-deserved and certainly well-earned summer this year!

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home