Sunday, July 30, 2006

My week was...

... Not all that bad, actually!

Monday and Tuesday went along without much of a hitch. Went to work, did my work, and went home knowing I had managed to help 99% of the people that was sent to my extention. The remaining had to get an error report created, so there was really nothing I could have done for them. Not for lack of trying, though, but there comes a time in any conversation with a customer where you have to throw the towel in and admit defeat!

Wednesday was much the same, but this day, I got to do a whole lot more wheeling and dealing as I was famous for on retailers. It started when I decided to order myself a new cellphone from our online store. I've been drooling over this model since the producers (SonyEricsson) presented it last winter. It wasn't available until recently, though. I've been looking, drooling and counting my money. Then, on Wednesday, I caved in and ordered it! Talked with one of my TeamLeaders, and he asked me to find stuff out for him. Prices etc. Yep, he be wanting that model himself! At the end of the day, I had secured a deal for him too, he'll be getting their demo model at a lower cost, when the guy currently playing with it, was done. No saying when that would be, but TL didn't care, He was happy!

In true form to myself, I emailed one of my contacts at the webshop, telling him that I had ordered said model, and that he was free to mail it out ASAP. His reply was something like this... 'Hey you! No order in yet, slow systems today. But it's you, and I will do!' He mailed it out the same day! Friday I held the phone in my hands! I did check one minute before going home, though. And at that time my order was in the system. My contact had sent the phone out for mailing three hours before that!

Thursday, my brain continued on it's path to total meltdown. I swear, my brain is melting and coming out of my ears! Good thing I didn't have any plans for that day, other than sitting on my ass bugging Kiri on AIM. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it!

Friday, I had planned on taking my mother out shopping for groceries. We had to put it off for Saturday, when my best friend called and needed someone to keep her company. She was high on morphine after surgery, her boyfriend was at work and she didn't want to be alone, just in case something happened and she needed help. SURGERY????? I never heard of any surgery?

Turns out, this is something she had decided a year ago. And also decided not to tell me about, as she was afraid I'd spend the entire year trying to talk her out of it. She went and got herself a boob-job! Okay, I knew she was unhappy with her lack of boobs. She actually had quite nice boobs up until she was 25, then she dropped in weight rapidly and lost her boobs, they never came back. So, on the one hand I understand her and only wish she had gone with saline implants, on the other hand... She could have gotten mine for free! She haven't gone overboard, though. She went for a sensible size, as she wasn't looking to get BIG-UN'S, just to firm up what little was left from the jailbreak her boobs had made some 15 years ago.

She's my best friend, and I love her dearly. So I will not berate her, not any more than I already did when I was screeching at her on the phone, 'you did what?????'

And yesterday, Thunder! was heard overhead! And I don't mean in the sense that AC/DC suddenly showed up to hold an impromptu concert just for me (one can only wish), kinda thunder, but the rumblings of our good ol' pal TOR!. It was a mostly dry thunder, though. As we got all of three raindrops. But the noise was kept up for about three hours. The lack of rain, however, made it a little anti-climactic for me. The air didn't clear up as much as it should have. It's cooler today, but not by much. Me thinks there will be more thunder, but there's no knowing when. It's less humid, but it's still humidness enough to make your brain melt... Or in my case, keep on melting!

I stopped by Kiri's blog, she haven't posted the entire week, well, neither have I, but she usually post several times a week, sometimes, a couple of times a day. Guess she's been swamped since her 'Partner in Crime' JGA quit over at Swirling Toilet Productions. I really loved the name he came up with to describe their workplace.

Also I stopped by my friend Icey's blog. At least she's updated with a couple of musings. Interesting reading material, so I commented on the last one. Especially since it was something that I, too, have an interest in.

Hmmm, that was quite a bit of name-dropping, wasn't it? I'll get you one more! If you haven't seen this (no, not mine!) blog before, and you'd really like a good snicker... Go to check out 'Go Fug Yourself'! It's not here on blogspot, but it's a funny place to visit when you're in a funk. I sent Kiri there, she spent the rest of her day going back in to get some more snickering in...

That's it for me, for now. Peace out!

20 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a lift and a fluff myself. But first, let's remove a bit here and there... and there... and more here.

Damn, don't throw all of that removed stuff up there! My back would break and I don't know WHERE I'd find a bra that would fit.

But I could make serious money if I went that route!

9:29 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I'll just opt for a reduction and head for the gym, myself...

Texted her today, there's still pain, so she was heading to her dr's office to get a sicknote. No way is she going to be able to be at work tomorrow, evening shift alone!

You can have whatever they dig out of mine, no charge!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Oh... thanks. ::yucky:: Anyway, nah... reduce me and then the gym too. Yep. I've had 35 years to slowly accumulate this, it's gonna take surgery AND the gym AND diet to get it off and keep it off.

9:45 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Mine's only been amassing the last 10-15 years... I'm hoping the gym'll do it. Liposuction looks too brutal for me!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Heck, with enough painkillers, I deal with the bruises. Really... knock some of this off to give me a head start.... I'll keep up my end as I can't stand the idea of gaining another ounce. :-p

10:03 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

True, then there is the miracle of morphine... 'Course, walking arounf in a morphine haze is no fun... It beats the pain! I'll have to look into that!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - you do that. I'm overhere wondering if I could get it done as 'an emergency' procedure. I mean, my ex-roomie was bigger than me and she had health issues and they couldn't x-ray her or really even properly diagnosis what was wrong. Her doctor ordered her to get her stomch stapled. She was miserable but lost half her weight.

Stupid chit put it all back on before we parted ways. I kept thinking, if I had been given that sort of gift, I'd have taken advantage of it, not thrown it away.

Of course, she moved back to New Orleans, divorced her husband (#2), and married my ex-fiance who she tortured me over. Guilt trips, whining that he talked to me more than her, etc. I was like "um, you're married and he's MY fiance, duh!"

10:13 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

LMAO!

Well, maybe you should talk to your dr? Ask if it wouldn't make sense to get it now rather than later?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

No insurance as of yet. Maybe next month, completely out of my own pocket... Gah, I can't think about it. I could never afford it.

10:24 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Insurance first, then... then you talk to your dr!

My case is nowhere near medical emergency, so I'll have to scrounge and save if I'm to get anywhere close to that!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Back pain is a medical issue.

4:54 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

My back hurts because my right leg is about an inch shorter than my left... residual effect of being hit by a car when I was 13!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ouch, can't the doctors do something? I saw a program about them breaking a guy's leg, casting it with stuff inside to help the marrow grow to fill the space...

7:15 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Naw, I'd topple over if they did. I'm so used to this, now, I can't even put something into my right shoe to correct it. I kept losing my balance, when we tried that...

7:17 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah, okay. It's an excellent reason to have back rubs. Hmmm... need to find a good back rub person for you, don't we?

7:19 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I have a masseuse, or I will when she's allowed to massage again... Yep, it's Silicone Valley! She's a liscenced massage thrapist!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, lovely.

::blushes:: Could you arch your back a bit? I'm getting rubbed by more than your hands. ::bright red cheeks::

LOL

7:23 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

LMAO. She sisn't get them that big, y'know...

Well, that's it for me. Kiri says to stop tagging and go do something more constructive... Like translating Nemi strips for her... Okie dokie, I'll get on with that!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Nemi, Nemi, Nemi....

Gothic, chocolate lover, with believable problems... Well, except for being attacked by badgers. That was weird, I'll admit.

7:33 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Hey! She did smell of decomposed cabbage, after her sujourn in the dumpster... I have four more translated so far, I'll continue through the week, then you'll have something to get you through your Monday morning funk next week!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home