Thursday, August 17, 2006

Well... This is fun... NOT!

It's stupid, is what it is.

I got an 'Okay' on my application for a loan though my home town. Now that loan have been taken away, because I had the audacity to find an apartment in the neighboring town. And this after I asked what would happen if I didn't find an apartment in my own town, but in the next one. Answer I got was, 'That shouldn't be a problem.' Well, as it turns out, once again the woman whom helped me with the application gets NO information, whatsoever, from the Housing unit. The Housing unit are the ones that decide who gets the loan, and how much. Seems they don't want the people that are helping applicants to know the rules.

So, off to apply for a loan from the neighboring town. I was told to be there on Monday, they would have the meeting on Tuesday, and I'd get an answer fast. No letter in my mail today, so I called. They didn't have the meeting on Tuesday, in fact, they've had no meetings this week. I was told not to panic, she'd try to get it through today, and then she'd call me as soon as it was done. I've heard nothing, and City Hall in the neighboring town has closed for today. And tomorrow I have the contract meeting at the real estate agency. This sucks!

On a brighter note, I have gotten my kitten. She's a Norwegian Forest Cat. They get kinda big, pretty fluffy and are loyal as heck. Even though they pack a lot of fur, they shed far less than a regular house cat. They need their fur, so they usually only drop a lot during the spring, in preparation for the summer. She's nine weeks old now, born June 13. I'll get her home in the second week of September.

Grabbed Silicone Valley, and we were off to visit the kittens last Monday evening. The breeder has seven adult cats, and nine kittens in the house. Add to that a third litter that is being fostered at her friends house.

We got in and parked ourselves on the floor, better for the kittens to reach something to nibble on. They're so tiny, still. We got to meet the parents of the litter, and they're big! I've always wanted one of this breed, so it was fun to see how big they really gets. Pictures are no substitute for the real thing. I loved them all! They're big and lovable. Also, I've been around cats belonging to friends that are incredibly talkative. These cats were mostly silent, except for the purring.

I can't wait for the confusion around the loan for the apartment to be sorted out, and for the move. One week after that, my kittybaby is coming home!

Here's to hoping for bliss, right?

12 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

You forgot to talk about the sweetie boy teething on you and cutting off your circulation while plopped on your lap.

6:16 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I know, but I'm not buying him! But, he was a sweetie, though! And big, don't forget BIG!!! And he was only going to get bigger... He was only ten months old, and bigger than a brick out-house!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

But MUCH cleaner and nicer to be around than a brick outhouse. Yes, but was it Elva or Edda that keeps play-fighting with the older kittens and getting squashed?

6:29 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Elva's the tough broad. Edda had more of an observers status along with her brother, Eyvind.

Elva is my kitty baby, and she doesn't seem to have too many fears. She has no fears of the older litter, that's for damn sure. She stalks, she plans, she takes aim and attacks... then she gets squished by the big red boy and she'll start all over again...

Oh, and I meant to type it as squished, adult cats can get squashed all they want, kitties get squished!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yes, Eyvind is the one I fell for from his pictures. Whatta cutie boy. I'd share my bed for him, as long as his purring didn't keep me awake. LOL

6:37 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yeah, better purring than Elva's growling!

I swear, the breeder had bought a bunch of toy-mice. Elva sat on one, and whenever another kitty cam too close, she growled, loudly! Tiny little furball had quite a ferocious growl in her!

Oh, and just to clarify. The big red Elva fights with, is NOT the 'bigger than a brick outhouse' Godi, it's the smaller than Godi, bigger than Elva red kitten from the older litter.

Poor Godi, he'd try to play too tough with the babies, and mom and dad would beat him up, good and proper!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Poor Godi. Is he the one that was in that photo, with her holding him and his ribbon up? Whoa! He'd be tossing those kittens around like toy mice.

6:46 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

That's Godi! The 'cutting off of circulatory' big red. Heck, he'd toss you or me around too, that's how big he is! The picture you saw was from June, he's two months older and a lot bigger than in that picture.

He's about the size of Elva's mom, but still smaller than Elva's dad... Now that big boy could flatten anyone!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Cats that big actually make those "Beware of cat" signs non-laughable. Even if he likes you, you could be in trouble.

"Nice human!" ::pounce::
"EIIIIII" ::human falls over after cat tackles her/him::
"Nice human." ::cat rests on human's chest causing breathing pains and immobility::
(weakly) "Help?"

6:58 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yep, that sounds about right, recognizing myself from meeting Godi... Oh the pain!

Naw, he's a sweetie, they all were. And Forest Cats are more prone to lying beside you and not on you. For instance, most cats like to be in the lap, being cuddled. Mostly, Forest cats find a spot next to you, as close as possible, but rarely on top of you. I swear, it's as if they know, when they're adults anyway. Godi is only 10 months old, so he didn't know better... But, there are Forest cats that like to be on your lap too, it depends on the personality, really.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Well, as long as they don't smother me while I'm trying to sleep.

7:29 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Elva is not going to sleep in my bed, she'll have her own bed! On those grounds, that we've already covered. She's going to get bigger than the average tomcat, I have no desire to be smothered in my sleep.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home