Monday, March 24, 2008

That went by fast...

... What did? Easter! Five days went by so fast, it made my head spin!

Thursday was probably the calmest day. Never even got out of my pajamas. Spent a big chunk of my evening tagging with Kiri and really not thinking about anything else.

Friday I headed to Sweden with my friend. We spent more than four hours wandering around the mall there. Having our 'shopping trip dinner' was also nice, but my how my feet, hips, back and tush were hurting by the time I got home. Yikes!

Saturday, off and running. Had to shop for a few more groceries as everything would be zipped closed tighter than Uncle Scrooge McDuck's wallet for the next two day. I had to have milk and such before that time! So, off I went.

Did I mention we had a blizzard Thursday? Yay, after the warmest winter anyone can remember, we get snow! Lot's of snow... and wind, gale force winds that kept it up all through Friday and Saturday.

Sunday, the wind lets off a little, but it's so cold I didn't want to leave the apartment. I had to, I had told my mom I was coming over for Easter dinner. It was nice, and took the opportunity to ask my brother to swing by today to help with a few things.

He arrived today, with our mom. They'd visited our Grandmother at the nursing home before arriving. We got my carpet mostly sorted out. Something that's gonna have to be a work in progress, as it's curled itself behind my recliner. Seeing as the recliner is heavy, I can't move it alone and fix it, so it's been that way for some time now. The he installed the second DVD burner into my cabinet, as it's been eluding me how the hell to get the freaking front off. We managed, and I'm happy to announce, It was actually me that figured it out! Yay! I'm not so dumb after all!

Then, the coup de grace, if you will? The Empress got her new toy put up!

Yay, this is so much better than the old one...

Hmmm, what's down here...?

You dastardly mouse, I'll get you yet!

Shhhh, this is snooze time...Zzzzz...

This doesn't mean that she's about to surrender her other hang-outs to me, heaven forbid I'd actually be allowed to use my kitchen windowsill for anything so mundane as a flower pot or anything else decorative...

Yeah? And I should care because...?

End of the day, The Empress really loves her uncle. He even took time out of busy schedule (well, her new toy was most important, y'know) to play with her. So now, she's snoozing on top of her new toy, all played out!


Well, that was my update, back to bugging Kiri on Yahoo! messenger...

15 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I love this cat. I had her image atop the new toy on my screen and three different people walked passed going "damn that's a big cat" and I got to talk about Ylva's breed. I was laughing when I told them she was only about 2. They were floored.

She's a hit.

And who needs a kitchen window sill? Not you. Clearly.

9:58 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

She'll be two in June! 13th June to be precise.

I noticed right after I published my post, that the mouse dangling from the top bed was on the floor. Yep, she gnawed it off, as per her usual behavior. Dang, can't get her anything with accessories. They come off faster than I can say; 'There you go.'

10:01 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - But she's a great huntress! She killed that mouse fast as a flash. Georgia wouldn't know what to do with it.

"Do I bat it? Or lay on it?"

10:04 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

:: Stalk, stalk, wiggle behind, stalk, stalk, stalk, wiggle, wiggle, pounce ::

Recipe from The Empress for Georgia. This makes for a good hunting tactic. As long as she's not hunting for my toes, I'm all for it. After she kills it, the batting comes in to play as her prey gets batted from one end of the apartment to the other...

10:09 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah... will pass that on. She sometimes gets that pattern when chasing paper balls, but she's old enough that most of her playing has ended in favor of cuddling and napping.

10:15 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Playing? PLAYING??? The Empress is most insulted that you would belittle her excellent hunting techniques as playing! She does NOT mix business with pleasure. Hunting is all business, playing is chewing and clawing on any part of mom she can get to... :: OUCH! ::

10:23 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Ah, but therein lies the difference, Empress. With you, it's hunting. With Georgia, it's playing. She isn't the same breed as you and is old enough to be your... great-great-great-great-great-great-
great-great-grandmother. I think.

10:29 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Then Empress gave a regal nod to that and wishes to remind you that no cat is older than she feels. If she plays, she's still young and should therefore be able to learn how to hunt properly.

And now that she left me for her food bowl again, how old is Georgia?

Oh, and the new litter box is a hit here, new flap door and all, even is it is a little harder than the old one...

10:34 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Georgia... is... oh my...2 years... 2 more... 3 more... 2 more... at least 3 more.... At least 12.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

She was a stray kitten when I got her. I just can't remember the year. I was still in NJ then. Many moons ago.

10:53 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Wow! An elderly lady to say the least! Forest cats lives for about 15 years, but it's not unheard of that they get older still.

So, who is that on your new avatar? Hmmm? Where's the old one? The original! Purple haired Raina??? What did you do to Raina, Kiri?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

That image is likely unsalvageable. But I'll try. The new avatar is a hot, old b&w of Simon Le Bon. I was feeling mopey. Seeing him all sexy cheers me up.

Was looking for a Nick Rhodes one too... But his tend to be sillier than sexy. Silly boy.

10:59 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oookaaayyyy...

Simon Le Bon is NOT Raina, or Kiri even! See? I'm still using the avatar you made for me! Crapadoodle, I thought I had it saved, but I didn't... Going hunting now...

11:07 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Talk to you tomorrow. Lemme know how work goes.

I'm not using Kiri or Raina... I'm using an image of my dream play toy.

MEOW! LOl - Actually, I don't want him, not like that. He's married and he's been very... affectionate with the audience members in the past... And he drooled over those skinny, under-fed, broomsticks they used in the video for Falling Down. Not wanting that and not being what he wants.

I just like looking at him... mostly. LOL

11:17 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

... said the wimpy one before she signed off so fast it made my head spin!

I get that the work day is over, and you want to go, really I do, but to leave a tag like that and not expect me to respond? Are you on crack? ;o)

I didn't find the farkin' avatar... not happy about that. You didn't save it anywhere? That's just silly...

I don't want him either, never did, never will. If he was on fire, I'd probably be helpful and dump a glass of water on him, but no more than that!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home