Saturday, March 08, 2008

Unfinished Work...

... of which I seem to have a lot... ::Shuffles off::

In the absence of having Kiri
available online, I have been going through several back-up CD's. Seems I do have a penchant for starting something then abandon it. I have three or four stories that I started on, then walked away from. I tend to start of strong, with a vivid idea in my head, then my interest dwindles and I forget about it. Pulled one out yesterday and started looking through it. The idea still strikes a chord in me, so after rewriting some of the paragraphs, I've decided to try to get back on track with it. Which is hell, right now, as The Empress saw fit to destroy my old keyboard. I've hooked up the keyboard that came with the computer from the store, and I can honestly say, I HATE the freaking thing. They keys are hard and uncomfortable, so typing can no longer be done as I'm used to as the keystrokes don't register. I practically have to pound on the keys to get anything. It's tiresome as well as painful, as my Carpal Tunnel inflammation has come back with a vengeance.

I have ordered the new Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Laser keyboard and mouse set, but they won't get it in stock until 19 March, then I'll have to wait a few days longer for delivery. My old keyboard was Logitech wireless also, so it will probably be more comfortable than this thing I'm pounding on now. Making a split second decision, I also ordered a new cellphone. I've been drooling at the SonyEricsson K850i for a while now. Only reason I haven't bought it, was because they only had the blue light version in stock. I've been holding out for the green light version, as I'm really not too fond of the color blue... I know, it's only a cellphone, but I want my choice of color, or I'll wait! Can't wait till I get my hands on the thing.

Work has been a weird combination of hectic and calm, this week. Calm, because I had the later shift which meant more sleep, hectic because we're plagued with absent people. Illness and vacation robbed us of half the unit this week. No fun for those of us left to pick up the slack. Not that I have any reason to complain, I'm one the 'sick' people working 60% because of these damned arms. And yes, I do feel guilty about it. I know I'm not supposed to, but I do. It means more work for the others when I'm not there.

Apparently I'm getting a nice bonus this month, as I raked in a bunch of sales in February, and that was without even trying! I lack the selling gene. I hate feeling like I'm pushing stuff on customers, so instead I make suggestions that will save the customer money. No lies, just information and they tell me to sign them up seeing that I'm right. It's what a customer support person is supposed to do, anyway. My team-leader agrees that I'm not actively selling, so she was quite happily, floored by the size of my sales bonus. I nearly fell out of my seat, myself! It'll come in handy, no doubt about that!

Crap, I miss Kiri. I have so many ideas I need to fly by her. I can only hope she gets her tush back online soon.

I'll wind this up now, need to fix myself something to eat before I fall over...

8 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

And lo! I came when summoned.

3:50 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

My Kiri is home!!! YAY!

::Witchy does a happy dance as the Empress runs for cover::

4:39 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

::grabs up Ylva and bares the claws to give her a big hug::

Yes, I'm back. ::faints from blood loss::

4:43 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

tv de lcd: stopped by, but alas... I don't speak Spanish... Unless that was Portuguese, which I also have no comprehension of.

4:44 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Vet trimmed them sabers, but they grew back in a hurry... I think she missed them and made it happen faster... I can actually believe she'd be capable of that.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

The Empress knows many talents beyond Human-understanding.

5:16 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Don't I know it... She's scampered off again. Now she's guarding the TV/VCR/DVD table. She squeezed herself into the little opening meant for a few DVD's...

5:31 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

She realizes that her life would make a fabulous movie. You know, her secret agent Double-O Feline exploits.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home