Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Gods are CRAZY!

The weather Gods, that is...

Late March, and now we get all the snow they forgot to dump on us all winter.

I did mention in my post yesterday, the blizzard of Thursday. Well, it started up again yesterday evening, in full force. It's still snowing... I have to say that this is not amusing. I was ready for springtime, and so were the little birdies that had started to come back from their winter migration. Poor things are freezing their little tail feathers off!

My living room looks like a dumping place, right now... The old kitty toy stands in it's corner, demolished. No more than half a minute after my brother and I had finished putting the new one up, she crash landed on the old one, breaking it once and for all!


Old toy...

Meet new toy!

It was the darnedest thing, almost as if The Empress realized that the new toy was all hers and she could get rid of the baby toy. She took one look at the new toy and attacked the old one without abandon. Result, demolished baby toy and pieces of wreckage all over the kitchen and living room area. Oh well, at least my mom and brother got a kick out of it...

Downside is, and yes, there is a downside... The box that made all sorts of funny crinkling sounds is no more. She took a dive into it, as she's been prone to do, and went straight through to the bottom. The contents that had kept her on top of it was gone. All we saw was a silver furball that disappeared into a seemingly bottomless pit. Then the crinkling noises started, louder and wilder than ever before as she rummaged around another new toy. Boy, was she insulted I collapsed the damned thing later that night. I think she's gotten over it this morning, as she's spent the majority of the morning in her new bed on top of the new toy.

Aaah, this be the life...

Wonder if this spot is just as comfortable as the penthouse bed?

Yep, just got to keep it steady, I can totally snooze here!

Mine, ALL MINE! Muahahahahaha...


What can I say? The Empress is spoiled rotten. She knows she's a beauty and she knows how to get what she wants, when she wants it... Belly rubs, butt rubs, tail rubs... a hand, foot, finger, toe, arm or leg to nibble on... Oh yeah, she wants, she gets! I really have minimal say in the matter.

Well, better get ready for work. A new week starts today!

20 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

All this and it's still minus a platform? That toy is huge!

Snow? What's that? I don't think we got more than flurries all winter and a few unwelcome minor ice storms. ::knocks on wood:: I don't WANT any more ice but a nice blanket of snow on a Saturday morning that been dealt with by Monday morning would have been nice.

Oh well... at least Empress Ylva had something to occupy Her time.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, and update your copyright date. It's 2008, not 2006. :-P

5:44 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Blergh! What did you go all the way down there for? Fixed!

Oh, as long as there is someone available to nibble on, she's good. Being a little hyper right now, but that's because I've been to work today, and not at home playing with her...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Lots of saved up nibbling to use. She loves you, she only wants to nibble on the quality human.

6:56 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Joy... I should get one of the boys from work to come over, let her nibble on them for a change...

And now she's eyeing my grilled cheese sandwiches, nothing is sacred...

6:59 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Grilled (as in hot), cheese (as in milk product)... what of that isn't something a cat would love? Well, bread... and honey mustard...

7:05 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

HOT mustard, the strong type.

Well, she cleaned up the plate before I had time to take it to the sink...

7:49 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Empress must like spicy. Who knew?

9:48 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I had a sneaking suspicion. She likes Sheridan's Liqueur, she tries to dive into my glass if I have Bailey's in it. She prefers the beef flavored noodles and shies away from the Chicken flavored. Plenty of signs...

10:45 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

She's a gourmet. An absolute gourmet.

6:47 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Don't I now it. Had to fight her to have my dinner to myself, today.

Oh well, I've decided not to make a new post today, because my arms are angry with me after work today. Managed to gear up and put 4,5 hours worth of work in in only 2,5. Stupid mail server!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Poor Witchy. Take care of those tired, sore arms and hands. Really. I've got plenty of stuff to keep me busy if you wanna tuck into bed early. I don't blame you.

7:48 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Only 8:07 pm here, still. I might want an early night, but not for a little while yet.

Only two more days till the weekend, I'm thinking movie marathon... Dogma needs a repeat... Transformers... Got some other new (old really, but I just bought them) movies I wanna watch...

8:09 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Oh, titles?

Lovin' the Dogma, Transformers...
May I suggest a Pirates of the Caribbean marathon? Captain Jack can plunder my booty anytime.

8:13 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Haven't gotten around to buying 'World's End' Yet, so that'll have to keep till then.

Hmmm... I got Bats, Malevolent, Extreme Justice, Striking Range, Murder at the Presidio, Route 666, Disorganized Crime, The Big Hit (All with LDP). Yeah, got hooked... a little after my Young Guns nostalgia...

8:20 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Nice to know that I'm not the only obsessor around here.

8:28 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Right front and center on my page? 'About me'? It starts off with the following;

'I bitch, I ramble, I complain and I obsess.'

What ever made you believe that I don't?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I sometimes forget. LOL

9:03 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Well, you need to stop that! ;o)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I'll try but there is only so much active memory that I have access to.

LOL

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home