Thursday, March 27, 2008

Well... Duh!

Obviously, I have discovered that white writing on black background, is boring. So I'll do mine to brighten things up around here by using all sorts of colors.

Today was, thankfully, calmer at work. Still more than enough to do, but our beloved team leader had returned from her Caribbean Cruise and gave me the 'all clear' to take refuge under my headphones in order to better concentrate. Korn blaring at top volume, kills every other sound around, quite effectively! Also, the beat and drive in their music, makes me work faster, for some reason. I try to work in rhythm with the music, and it ain't slow, I'll grant you that!

I woke up this morning to a horrible noise. Seems The Empress had decided that the heavy glow ball I had bought her more than a year ago, was suddenly the new 'in thing'. She was busily batting it around on the floor making a racket. I hoped it was almost time to get up, that way I could let her keep it and I could stay in bed till the alarm went off... One quick look at the time, no joy! It was 6 freaking AM and I didn't have to get up for a loooooooooong while, yet!

I stumbled out of bed, stubbing my toe in the process, muttered a few choice words under my breath while trying to get my bearing. It was kinda dark and very cold! Got my bearings and headed out to the living room to hunt down the offending racketmaker. The ball, not the cat. Hunted around a little and found it, wrestled the cat for it and returned triumphantly to my nice, warm bed, glow ball in hand.

This means disrupted sleep, my favorite, as it means I'll be dead on my feet, even though I took an earlier night than usual.

The alarm went off on schedule, and true to form. I was dead on my feet. Took me a while to get up and the coffee started and even longer to actually wake up!

Got to work, and had no sooner parked my mitka on my chair, then a team leader from private solutions taps me on the shoulder and orders me off to an information meeting with our client. Gah! I told her, 'No! I don't have time for shit like meetings, I have a shitload of work to do.' She just gave me her shit-eating grin and told me to go. 'Everyone has to go this thing, it's not your fault if something gets left undone today, it's theirs!' Fine, I huffed over to the meeting room only to discover that the prior meeting was still in session. 'Great! They're running late, and I get an even more hectic day because of it.' Finally getting into the meeting, and now we discover that team leaders everywhere had sent people, too many people for that tiny room. Then there was hunting around for more chairs. Took me an hour from when I came in till I could actually get any work done. These things happen, we all know it, but it's still inconvenient.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the team leader in question, she's hilarious and I get along with her, just fine.

An hour later, I look up and see our beloved team leader. 'Hey? What are you doing here? Weren't you off until Monday?' Apparently not. She's brought loads of chocolate for everyone and were handing them out within five minutes of arriving. Told me to stay under my headphones and ignore everything else. Got to love her!

Came home, did the dishes, taqgged Kiri's blog and decided to make a little post. Now to get some dinner started, girl's gotta eat before she keels over, right?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Hard morning.

Georgia pulled a trick on me at 5 am. I woke up, bladder screaming at me to get up or sleep in a water bed. I got up.

Stumble out the the bathroom, glance to where Georgia tends to sleep. No cat. Take a moment to look in her other happy sleeping places. No joy. I opt to listen to my bladder and empty it before hunting for the cat anymore.

Ok, done. Hunting for... ::trips over the cat::

Georgia!

7:13 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

LMAO

The Empress does that all the freaking time. I think they get off on it. Maybe they're even talking together on IM when we're not around to catch them... making plans, plotting about tripping us up so bad that we have to stay at home from work and give them all the attention that they so rightfully deserve?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I might think that, but all Georgia does with my laptop is try to sleep on the warm thing. I chase her off and then the laptop gets my attention as I check to make sure she didn't hurt it. She's taken to snuggling my leg/side rather than jump on the laptop, more nice attention for her that way.

7:20 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

The Empress tends to lay down on the keyboard... she's there right now, making it hard to type. Purring as if it's going out of fashion tomorrow, thinking she's getting all the attention in the world as I try to reach over her to type...

7:24 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I wish Georgia was here, nice warm wrist rest. LOL I have a laptop riser at the office, so she couldn't lay in such a way to block my typing much. Except for on the whole thing. She'd do it.

Until I chased her off.

7:26 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Chase? The Empress is appalled that her sister from another mother let's herself be chased, in any fashion that isn't her own design.

I moved her limp form to the side of the keyboard, her only response was to nibble on my arm. That's how much she cares...

7:30 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Aw, she nibbled on you. Georgia does that a tiny bit lately. Mostly when she's bathing and I pet her. A few seconds after I stop, I feel her teeth on me. I jump, they are sharp. And she goes back to grooming.

7:32 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

The Empress has sharp teeth, but even sharper claws. My take is, I'll take her teeth in my arm over her claws...

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home