Saturday, May 10, 2008

Meh...

What a rough last couple of weeks...

For a while there, I was worried my ME had come back to bite me on the ass. I've had no energy aside from crawling out of bed and going to work. I've been hibernating every chance I had to save up strength and energy. This has, of course, pissed The Empress off to the point where she took dumps outside her litter box, just to get some amount of attention. Kiri hasn't 'seen' me at all, aside from a tag here and there on her blog, explaining my absence. I think it's getting better now. I can honestly blame a lot of the lethargy on my cough medicine, which is laced with Morphine, leaving me with a morphine hangover for nearly two weeks. Even though I only had to take it at night to be able to sleep through all the coughing. I've had a couple of nights now where I've been able to sleep without it, and I can feel the lethargy peeling off. Bliss!

The Empress is now seeming to forgive my lack of attention and willingness to be her favorite chew toy, and has been visiting her litter box, dutifully, again. She's currently hanging out on the veranda soaking up the summer temperatures. I know, she's staying in the shade, but still. She does take regular trips inside, to make sure I'm still here to serve as her chew toy. Then, satisfied that I am, she heads back out again.

My mother and her siblings (two younger sisters and one little brother) have been busy cleaning out my grandmothers apartment. With the blessings of said grandmother, seeing as she's not going back there. At 99 and in her weakened state after her illness last winter, she's finally agreed that she's no longer capable of taking care of herself.

I drove my mom to pick up some of the larger stuff she was keeping, pictures and paintings and whatnot, then I noticed that no one had claimed her lemonade set. It's a lovely green set, that I have loved since I was little. My mom got one of her sisters on the horn, and was informed that if I wanted it, I should grab it, no one else had said anything about keeping it. So, now it's sitting pretty in my cabinet!

Glasses, plates, a bowl and the pitcher. Oh
and some of my crystals...

I did get a scare last week, when on the very day of Kiri's day off, three (yeah, not one, not two, but three!!!) twisters hit Virginia. As I'm not quite sure of the geography of Virginia, I have no idea where on the map Kiri actually is, so I had a near panic attack. Day after, she was back at work and could tell me over the IM that they hit nowhere near her and to start breathing again!

I've had two weeks at my new desk at work, and I can only say... I freaking hate it! I want my old desk back, I get no peace where I'm seated now, and the distractions are twenty times what they were back by the wall. Also, I miss my three sweet boys! They kept the distractions to a minimum and only bothered me when they truly needed a quick answer. Bless their hearts, they kept me entertained with their constant (good natured) bickering, and they were easy to tune out when I needed too. The noise level where I am now is harder to tune out. There was no noise by the wall, just a hum... At least my team leader said it wasn't permanent and that there's always a chance I can get it back, just not yet. They needed my desk for the two new ADSL boys that came over from the other call center, y'know, the one I was at before? Yep, they came over from cellular solutions, private market and wanted to learn ADSL. Hence, I had to vacate my desk.

Even here at home, I don't get to keep my desk to myself... As evidenced by this:

Take note of how carefully she blocks my access to my keyboard!
This was taken just last night, so it's the most recent picture
of The Empress.

I've also been preoccupied with the online newspapers, covering the Incest scandal in Amstetten, Austria. I'm just horrified that a father can do something like that to his own child. It angers me that it happens, and I feel a sense of hopelessness that I have no power to do anything about it. It's been a heavy topic at work, I think we all feel the same way about it.

Today, I have big plans to do some cleaning. I've been lax about it during my flu and the last couple of weeks worth of morphine induced lethargy. Just to avoid temptations, I'll turn the computer off and get to work... Later!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Well, it's good to have you up and about again. I understand about the needing to clean, I was going to clean this weekend, but Mother had other ideas... namely lunch out and shopping on Saturday and lunch out and shopping on Mother's Day (with a girlfriend of ours).

Empress looks like a furry neckwrap/a furry boa in that photo. I just wanna pick her up and wear her around my neck.

Wisdom wins however and rather than risk blood-loss and many scratches and claw scars... I'll think about it rather than do it.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

And I hope you get your normal desk back soon... or at least a better desk than you have now.

We are starting to get our interns in for the new quarter... joy... more new faces... more stupid questions... more people who after a few days will act like they too can give me orders.

"Er... no. You are an intern, see 'slave labor'. I get paid, enough to qualify as staff. You don't order me, you obey me."

Noobs.

4:59 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Oooh, double tag, you minx!

I've had her around my neck... Wasn't too bad, no scratches as long as she was stunned by my audacity, then fierce scrabbling to get the heck off of there...

Glad to hear you and your mom had a good weekend. You both work hard and it's well deserved!

I hope I get my old desk back too, soon. I don't want another, there was no better. My team leader knows, and she doesn't blame me for being cross with her! ;o)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Good to know that I might survive the impulse to drape Ylva around my neck.

It's good that your team leader has a good head on her shoulders. I'm dreading the day when I hear my superior(s) tell me to move my desk to the front desk... read... receptionist. AIGH!!!!! NO!!!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

But that's not really your job description, is it?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

No, but a lot of what I do isn't officially in my job description. I am an "office assistant", meaning anyone in the office can ask for me to do something for them. Just not the interns. LOL

I'm above intern and below all else on the office chain of authority.

Joy.

6:45 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Joy, indeed...

It'd frustrate the heck out of me to have it like that. Anyone at work try to tell me to do sumptin', I pont to mu TL and say 'talk to her!'.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home