Saturday, July 05, 2008

Holy crap I'm lazy...

Isn't it amazing, just how lazy one can get when it's hot and sunny? And when it's raining so much you get depressed? Doesn't matter, really. When you're lazy, you're lazy, and there are a multitude of excuses. 'It's too hot, I can't be bothered doing that...' 'It's raining so much, it's depressive, I don't wanna do it now...' I openly admit to being lazy, of late. Too lazy, even. So today, I've made an effort to get some shit done.

I've laundered two machines worth of clothes. They're swaying, oh so, gently in the mild breeze, almost dry, already. I've updated both my Live Spaces with new posts. And I have a clear plan to get the vacuum out. Today, I plan to be efficient, without stressing too much, I don't want a relapse of yesterday's migraine.

The Empress has been knocked on her ass by the hot weather, today. She's passed out on her platform. She went for a 'daredevil' run on the veranda yesterday, in the shower we got. Huge raindrops, heavy enough to knock her silly. She left it at that one run, thankfully, as she sprayed everything shaking the rain out of her fur.

She's posed a little in front of my new webcam, in order to let my sister see her. My sister, in turn goes nuts wagging her finger back and forth in front of her own camera, going 'Kitty, kitty, kitty.' The Empress ignores her every attempt at seduction. 'If you ain't here to pet me, you don't exist!' So, she proceeds to investigate everything on the desk, exept the image window on the screen, showing her aunt trying to get her attention.

Earlier this week, before the new camera was hooked up, I activated the old one in a chat with Kiri. I was planning to scare her, a little, but she was anything but intimidated. She did get a couple of eyefulls of Her Furry Highness, though. So all was good in the land of Kiriness.

For some reason, I keep getting error messages when I try to visit Kiri's blog, here on blogspot. I have no idea why, but it's put a dampener on my mood and willingness to blog, as of late. We'll probably figure it out, eventually. It's not as if this is the first time this has happened.

It's vacation time at work, leaving me swamped. Don't get me wrong, I like being a little busy! It makes the day go faster. But there is busy, and there is too damned busy for words. It's the latter, that's been the fact this week at work. And my own vacation time seems too far away to be any comfort.

I've been back to working full time, again, since May 25. There are days when I feel it more in my hands than others. I prefer the days when it's not quite so painful. Gee, wonder why?

Well, if not for anything else, today has seen me updating three blogs. Not a bad days work, if I do say so myself...

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Shadow Rider said...

Well, I think both excuses work. Too hot? nah, I'll just lay here in the air conditioning and watch movies. Raining, no, I think I'll stay in curled up with a book and some tea. Maybe some Lindt Truffles... I understand completely. Our cat is good with either decision, long as there is a lap to purr in. Notice nowhere in that is a sudden urge to clean house or do anything productive!
Kiri is AWOL on her blog, no posts for ages..time to rattle her cage!

7:28 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

I'm rattling all I can! Honest. I tricked her into Live Spaces, so now she's got stuff to do there too... Wanna come play?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

I'm sorry. I've been: busy, tired, swamped, too hot, irritated, offline, at friends, cleaning. Pick one or more.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Forgot... playing a game, petting the cat, grooming the cat, combing the cat, feeding the cat, cleaning up after the cat, and hunting for the cat.

9:25 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Sounds like any kind of day around here... that last bit, that is...

9:49 PM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

LOL - Yes, well. She's taking hiding to a new level. I couldn't find her. She wasn't meowing. I went to the last place I saw her, the storage room. Nope, no cat. Turn to leave.

"Meow?" ::slightly curious/slightly worried::

I hunt around more, finally moving an old mattress a little.

"Hisss..." I let go of mattress. "Hiss..."

I carefully move mattress a little, she hisses, I'm thinking she's somehow trapped herself under it. Nope. The mattress was resting against my old computer table, with the various levels of storage still attached to it. She was on the top left shelf, trapped. She had a warm window, a medium-sized place to lay down/more of a sitting place, and no way to get back down.

I had to pick her up to get her out of what she got into. She hasn't gone back yet. ::giggles::

Did I mention before that she considers the storage room to be "HER" bedroom, like I have one and so does Mom.

10:31 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

No, but it makes sense! Ylva's 'private room' is on top of my wardrobe in the (very small) hallway, where her food, water and toilet is.

A friend's cat (Cindy) has decided to make the spare bedroom, her own domain. But only atop the suitcase placed on top of the wardrobe there...

8:13 AM  
Blogger Raina Nathair said...

Yes, Georgia claims the kitchen table, a single chair in the living room, and the purple spare bedroom (storage) as her domain. She allows Mom to have a bedroom and I am allowed a bedroom. She's very generous.

4:38 PM  
Blogger NorthWitch said...

Yep, extremely generous! Ylva barely allows me my bedroom in peace. She grudgingly allows it, but she ain't happy about it, not by a long shot!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home